It happens every time I drastically change my eating habits - the second day headache. I am a seasoned dieter. When people ask me how long I've been on a diet, I say "since 1985." I am seasoned enough to know that after the bliss of day one comes the pain of day two. It's my body saying "What in hell are you doing to me? FEED ME!!!!" Only this time, it's not a diet. This is not the last headache I will suffer through, but this is the last time I will suffer through it because I have so drastically changed what I eat that my body goes into shock. OK, realistically, it may happen again when I finally decide to give up caffeine, but you get my point.
Today was a good day. For breakfast, I had Cheerios in soy milk to which I add a little real sugar (remember, I'm not giving up EVERY vice). I actually prefer the flavor of soy milk to bovine nectar in cereal. It has an almost nutty flavor. For lunch I made another ramen noodle creation. I'm going to have to start packing a fork to take to lunch, because it's really hard to eat noodles with the plastic sporks they provide at work. For dinner, I had whole wheat capellini topped with mushrooms and marinara. I realize I'm hitting the starches a little hard - I need vegetables! So, for dinner tomorrow, I'm making a vegetable bean soup in the crock pot. I'm soaking the beans now and will toss them in the slow cooker tomorrow morning along with other veggies and such. I love soup on a cool evening! I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.


Your mentioning the bean soup reminds me of the Cabbage Soup diet we tried for about half a day once! Your going vegan is going a lot better than that did already! Hang in there, headaches and all.
ReplyDeleteAhh, the cabbage soup diet. Day one, cabbage soup only. Day two, cabbage soup and a banana. Day three, cabbage soup and a potato. Day three, to hell with it all and go pig out at Percy & Willies.
ReplyDelete